Submission Deadline: 2:00:00 p.m., June 1st, 2017
Selection of Successful Artist: June 16th, 2017
Project Completion and Unveiling: Summer 2018 (TBC)
- The City of St. Albert (the “City”) is pleased to announce a Call for Artists for a qualified and professional artist to be included as an integral part of the architectural, engineering and design team for the Art Gallery of St. Albert Barrier Free Project. The successful Artist will be responsible for consultation and input into the preliminary and detailed design of the building and inclusion of artwork in the building. This design must be viable and cost effective for the building design team as a whole.
- The Project is to add barrier free access to the Banque d’Hochelaga from the street as well as adding an elevator on the interior. An original conceptual plan for this project has been completed by David Murray Architect and Sturgess Architecture and has been included as Appendix IV in the complete Call for Artists.
- This Call for Artists is for design only with the budget for the public artwork to utilize the available construction budget and materials for the Art Gallery of St. Albert Barrier Free Project. The City will provide its own labour and materials for fabrication, construction, installation, maintenance, engineering, documentation, materials, equipment, transportation, storage, insurance, permit fees, duty and brokerage fees. The Artist fees include presentation, consultation, installation (consultation only), preparation, research, design and professional fees and are to be paid at a rate in alignment with current CARFAC fees based of $298/half day (4 hours) and $525/full day (8 hours).
- The primary goal is to integrate artwork as a part of the design of the Art Gallery of St. Albert Barrier Free Upgrade. This integration will extend the project’s value, including the ability to foster new connections and to exemplify creativity and innovation. The artwork will be integrated into the design and construction in consultation with the successful Artist, architect, design and engineering team.
- To integrate this artistic vision for the building, the Artist will provide design considerations for the building as part of the architectural, engineering and design team. The architectural, engineering and design team will consider the historical components of the building during the design and construction phases.
- The architectural and engineering team will provide structural capacity of the east end of the building to accommodate added office space. This team will also provide proper documentation for heritage building changes as required by the team. This team will also provide any building assessments that may be required as well.
Phone (780) 459-1600