Home. What is it? What does it mean? How do we understand it? How do we capture it? HOME is a showcase of photographs by The Green Room’s 2016 Leadership Team, depicting the meaning of belonging, family and rootedness to fifteen Muslim youth in Edmonton. The exhibit will be displayed May 23 – July 4 at the Bleeding Heart Art Space (9132 118th Ave).
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
We are inviting artists all over Alberta to submit their artwork to the HOME exhibit’s Community Wall. Anyone who meaningfully connects to the topics of belonging and home is encouraged to submit their work online HERE.
Deadline to submit: May 5, 2017.
- Submitted artwork cannot exceed 2 feet by 2 feet in length or width.
- Acceptable submission mediums include, but not limited to, visual art, digital art, photography, and written work. Please note that we will not be able to accept any ceramic or sculptural pieces.
- All artwork submitted must be two-dimensional and ready to mount onto a wall. Pieces not ready for mounting will not be accepted.
- Maximum of 3 submissions per artist.
- Artist’s Biography (maximum 200 words)
- Statement of intent (maximum 400 words)
- Title, medium, and dimensions of artwork
- Photographs of submission
Artists can expect to hear back about their submissions by May 10th. For more information, please see the HOME exhibit’s page HERE.
thegreenroomyeg.ca | facebook.com/thegreenroom.ifssa | firstname.lastname@example.org | 587-524-0091 | #thegreenroomyeg