The Gallery at Casa is hosting Cabinet of Queeriosities IV. This is the 4th in a series of exhibitions celebrating LGBTQ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, queer) history, identity, culture, and pride through a diverse range of subject matters and approaches. In the past, works shown as part of Cabinet of Queeriosities have included video, photography, mixed media, painting, drawing, ceramics, found objects, altered objects, assemblages and people’s collections of LGBTQ themed items (such a beefcake playing cards and beaver ornaments). The Gallery at Casa is a multi-use facility, and submissions should consider diverse audiences and ages.
- This call is open to all artists. You need not identify as LGBTQ but submissions should in some way address LGBTQ history, identity, culture and/or pride.
- Each artist, or group of collaborators, may submit up to 3 works.
- This exhibition is curated and artists chosen will be paid an honorarium for participating ($25 – $150, depending on the number of artists included).
- Artists must cover cost of shipping, if applicable.
- Please include name, medium, year, and insurance value when dropping off work to Casa. You may also include a cv and brief statement, not exceeding 250 words.
Drop off your work in person between June 10 and 13, 2017. If you are submitting from out of town, ensure your shipped work arrives at Casa before June 13, 2017. The exhibitioopens June 24 and runs until August 25, 2017. There will be an opening reception on June 24, 2017.
For more information, please contact guest curators and coordinator
Leila Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan Morman email@example.com
or Casa Curator Darcy Logan at firstname.lastname@example.org