Job Opportunity: Assistant director
Organization: Centre d’arts visuels de l’Alberta
Hours: 32 hours per week
Salary: $18 per hour
About the Centre d’arts visuels de l’Alberta
Founded in 1997, the Centre d’arts visuels de l’Alberta, a non-profit organization, aims to raise community awareness about the importance of visual arts and to help francophone artists along
their journey by way of dynamic programs and publicity. This includes:
- an artistic program that encourages creativity and the exploration of different forms of art,
- action in cultural mediation;
- development of artistic skills in the community by way of special projects.
Working under the supervision of the executive director, the assistant director is the primary contact and agent of communication between the executive director and all concerned parties. They must assist the director in communication, administration and overall operations in order to facilitate and advance the Centre’s activities, program and objectives. They must assure coordination with the project director and promote events.
Deadline for submissions: January 2, 2018.
1) Communication responsibilities:
- Communication and event promotion: implement diverse tools for internal and external communication (brochures, press releases, project presentation documents, organization activity reports etc.) aimed at different target audiences (the general public, artists, members, partners and media).
- Develop and implement diverse graphic-design projects (summer camps, media advertisements, programs, posters, invitations, brochures etc.)
- Update the website using Wix.
- Correspondance management.
- Telephone calls and follow-ups.
- Welcome and inform visitors to the gallery.
- Ensure liaisons with other organizations and associations.
2) Service for members:
Ensure that members receive assistance in the following areas:
- membership application and renewal.
- providing promotional materials for exhibitions (biography, photo, list of works etc.).
- deposit and return of works.
- registration for workshops.
- questions and concerns regarding inventory, sales etc.
3) Administrative duties:
- Keeping records of event attendance.
- Managing registrations.
- Establish and maintain an effective filing and scanning system.
- Purchases and inventory of supplies and art materials.
4) Sales duties:
- Welcoming and assisting clients.
- Making sales.
- Managing the till: opening and closing.
- Experience in the domains of culture or arts is an asset.
- Highly detail-oriented, organized and reliable.
- Mastery of the two official languages: French and English.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective time-management and able to work independently.
- Mastery of the software programs: Word, Excel, Indesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Versatile and able to manage many projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of basic accounting.
The position is to be filled on January 2nd, 2018.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.