Deadline: October 23, 2017
The CAAF Residency is a program offered by the Calgary Allied Art Foundation (CAAF) – a non-profit organization that supports and encourages the development of art and culture in Calgary. The residency program was developed to offer studio space to emerging artists in 1-3 month durations.
The studio is currently being relocated to the newly opened cSPACE King Edward. The first CAAF artist in residence will move into this new studio space September 2017, more updates on this exciting transition to come.
During your residency, there may also be opportunities for exhibition and open studio hours. All artists selected for the CAAF Residency are expected to undertake this opportunity professionally, respecting the studio space and their neighbors while acting as a representative of CAAF.
Applications are accepted from current residents of Canada, however, we are unable to supply travel stipends or grant assistance for out of town artists. A fee of $700/month is paid to artists upon completion of the Residency and the deadline for applications is October 23, 2017.
Residency applications should include:
- Project proposal – please describe in detail the project you will be working on and the duration of residency you are applying for (1, 2 or 3 months). Please also state periods of preference or unavailability from February 2018 – January 2019. Please note the residency program does not operate from June – August.
- CV: maximum of 3 pages, describe your artistic background (e.g., education, grants, scholarships or awards received, previous exhibitions or performances, commissions, professional memberships, press clippings, etc.).
- 10 to 15 digital images of previous work. Images should be saved as high resolution jpeg files with a file size no larger than 1024 x 768 DPI or 2mb
- A corresponding image list indicating artist’s name, title of work, media and date of completion.
- Applications should be saved in either word or PDF format and e-mailed to the residency committee at email@example.com.
cSPACE King Edward
1721 29th Avenue SW
- Size: 300 square feet
- Walls, white drywall
- Room darkening blinds
- Natural light
- Adjustable LED lighting
- High speed Wifi and fibre connectivity
- Fully accessible
CAAF Residency @ cSPACE King Edward provides residents an excellent opportunity to make contact with other working artists as well as allowing the option for exhibition openings. Residencies in the space are offered for one-month, two-month, and three-month periods.