Okay, you decided you want a website, so NOW WHAT!
If you’re reading this you know that it is time to put your work online, but have you considered the added benefits of being online and having a website. Your website is not only a place to share your art with the world. It is also a place to…
- Send galleries and clients to see your work.
- Write about and share your process
- Let people know you offer classes and workshops
- Make submissions to galleries or juried exhibitions
- Sell your art online
Once you have a website you’ll discover it’s also a way to find new clients. Your business cards will have a website address to hand out when some one asks “Do you have a website?” and you get to say “Why yes; yes I do.”
Download this free tutorial from Artbiz.ca; chalked full of information and resources such as:
- How and why to curate your work for your site
- Tips for organizing your images
- Resources for choosing a design, selecting colour and fonts
- Start thinking about words for search engine rankings
Reviewing these guidelines and resources to prepare for your website will ensure that your website is all you want it to be. When you have completed the prep work you will have all the information you need to either hand over to a designer or use yourself to build your own site with WordPress.
If you have any questions or just want to chat about art and websites please give Kim a call at 403-949-2693