Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC accepts submissions from Alberta artists or artists with close ties to the Alberta community. Artist groups and individuals are encouraged to apply as well as curators with specific exhibition proposals. The gallery is a program of Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC. Visual Arts Alberta Gallery does not receive public gallery funding so it operates as a program of Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC. All art work in featured in the gallery can be for sale (we charge a 10% administration fee when sales are handled through the gallery, artists can elect to sell their artwork privately and forgo this administration fee). We pay artist fees ($1800 for the gallery divided by the exhibiting artists) for exhibitions and pay return shipment of artwork by an economical freight company.
Currently, we are accepting submissions for mid 2014-2015 programming. The deadline for submissions is: 4:00 pm on Friday, September 27, 2013.
- Artist’s Curriculum Vitae (no more than three pages in length)
- 10-15 images of current work in either a digital format (Digital images must be jpegs, 72dpi with the maximum size of each image under .5MB. Maximum file size: 1024 x 768 pixels – height cannot exceed 768 pixels. Title each image with last name of artist and number of image – eg. Smith01, Smith02 etc.) OR in professional quality photographs, no smaller than 8″ x 10″. Please do not send original artwork. If you are working with a medium that would benefit from submission in an alternate format, please contact us to discuss your proposal.
- Description of proposed exhibition including title (no more than two pages)
- Artist Statement (no more than one page)
- SASE, if materials are to be returned.
Please send your submission to:
Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC
3rd Floor, 10215-112 St.
Edmonton, AB T5K 1M7
Please note: If you are planning to pick up your submission materials, be advised that Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC will not be held liable for any materials unclaimed after 90 days of the submission deadline.