Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC is looking for Visual Artist Mentors (must be residents of Edmonton) for our mentorship program.
Funding by the Edmonton Arts Council, “Mentoring New Visual Arts Voices in Edmonton” will provide one-on-one mentorship (20 hours of professional art career guidance over a seven month period starting March 2018) to Indigenous and New Canadian Artists. The full salary for this part time contractual position is $1000.00.
To be considered for one of these positions, please email us a c.v. and covering letter by January 20, 2018 at 4pm.
Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC is looking for Experienced Edmonton Visual Artists either Indigenous or New Canadian that want to learn more in a one-on-one learning environment. This opportunity will not cost any money – just your time. At the end of the program, the selected artists will participate in an exhibition that pays CARFAC exhibition copyright fees.
This is an opportunity for those who want to become more professional in their art practice, and who want to learn different ways artists can succeed. Artists will meet with their teacher (mentor) 2 times per month over a period of 7 months, starting in March 2018 for a total of 18 – 20 hours. There will also be twice a month meetings (sharing sessions) where the group of 6 Indigenous / New Canadian Visual Artists will meet together with the program coordinators on Wednesday evenings between 6:30pm and 8:00pm.
To be considered for one of these positions, please email your resume and a letter by January 20th, 2018 at 4pm to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be experienced artists that require knowledge on how to make Visual Arts their career. Candidates will be selected based on their need and willingness to learn. Please let us know why you feel this program would benefit you in your art career by explaining your current situation:
- How long you have you been making art?
- Have you achieved any degree of success as an artist?
- What languages do you speak and understand?
- Where you were born?
- When did you arrive in Edmonton (you must be a resident of Edmonton to participate)?
- Were you born in Canada or when did you arrive in Canada?
Most importantly tell us what you expect to learn and why you want to succeed as a Visual Artist. Interviews will take place during the first week of February 2018 for those artists being considered for one of these six positions.
If you require more information about this program, please phone Sharon at 780.421.1731 (Wednesday to Friday between 10am and 4pm) or email. send by email to Email us your questions.
ArtsScene is Business for the Arts’ network of leading young business professionals who support the arts through volunteerism and patronage, and they are currently seeking new volunteers.
artsScene‘s mission is to:
- Inspire interest in the arts – artsScene offers unique and meaningful encounters with the arts.
- Deepen engagement in the arts – artsScene connects young business professionals to volunteer board and committee positions in the arts with boardLink.
- Unite & strengthen the next generation of business leaders – Employee engagement and building of creative leadership skills is aimed to enhance performance, as well as mentor opportunities with senior business leaders who support the arts.
- Recognize YP volunteers in the arts – artsScene celebrates young business professionals who demonstrate leadership as volunteers in the arts with the Arnold Edinborough Award.
>> Click here to complete the online application…