Visual Arts Alberta – CARFAC is partnering with Latitude 53 Contemporary Visual Culture to stage a 3 – 5 person exhibition opening at the beginning of June 2017 at Latitude 53 Contemporary Visual Culture in Edmonton.
Submission deadline: midnight Tuesday April 4th, 2017.
We are interested in artists that use art to question new political realities (locally, nationally, internationally) and who have a unique perspective that is under-represented or unrecognized within current exhibition and curatorial practices. Special consideration will be given to artists operating from positions that may be termed marginalized or otherwise outside dominant cultural narratives.
To have your work considered for this exhibition: send in one email to email@example.com on or before midnight Tuesday April 4th, 2017. Please include the following items as attachments, and title the email RE: Trumpet submission.
- Your c.v. (3 pages max. as a PDF or Word file).
- 3-5 JPEG images (72 dpi, 1024 pixels on the longest side) of recent work that you would like to exhibit or that illustrates what you do.
- Links to your website or other online material that features examples of your work.
- Your complete Alberta address, telephone numbers, and email address.
- A 1-2 page (PDF or Word file) artist statement that answers the following: who you are as a person and as an artist (if you consider yourself to be operating from the margins please explain how), what you are trying to achieve with your art, and how your work illustrates your intentions.
Exhibition Royalty Fees will be paid in accordance with the current CARFAC Minimum Fee Schedule.