SUBMISSION DEADLINE: August 28, 2015
The Main Gallery Space is programmed through an annual call for submissions as well as by curated exhibitions. TRUCK hosts eight exhibitions each year in this space and accepts applications from professional artists only.
TRUCK’s definition of a professional artist is someone who has:
- completed their basic training (or the equivalent)
- produced an independent body of work
- presented their work in a professional context
- maintained an independent professional practice for at least one year.
Undergraduate students currently enrolled in school, college or university are not eligible to apply, however this restriction only applies to our main space and students are welcome to apply to our +15 and CAMPER spaces. Graduate students are eligible only if they meet TRUCK Gallery’s definition of a professional artist.
TRUCK accepts submission in ELECTRONIC FORMAT ONLY. Please send all written support as a SINGLE PDF FILE. Images must be in JPEG FORMAT burned to a single CD. Please do not send any paper documents, printed images, or return envelopes as submissions will not be returned. Please do not e-mail submissions. Submissions should be postmarked no later then August 29. Late Submissions will not be accepted.
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- A completed application form (also available for download in Word format)
- Proposal (maximum of 1 pages): Clearly describe the proposed exhibition or project. Provide details about your spatial, and material requirements, including equipment needs. Explain what kind of venue is best suited to your proposed work (gallery, theatre, off-site, public space, etc).
- Artist Statement (maximum of 1 page): Contextualizes the work submitted within your artistic practice.
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 3 pages): Describe your artistic background (e.g. education, grants, scholarships or awards received, professional status, previous exhibitions or performances, commissions, professional memberships, articles, etc.)
- Images/Support Material: 10 to 15 JPEG images and/or DVD for video. All images must be numbered and labeled to match the corresponding image list.
- Image List
- Budget for curatorial projects, touring exhibitions, and proposals for group exhibitions please provide a clear budget of anticipated expenses and related fees for the exhibitions.
Digital images: Should be in JPEG format, 1000px on the longest side at 72 dpi and no larger than 1MB in size. File names should correspond to the image list. Video: Submit only the material that demonstrates your artistic accomplishments related to the proposed project, and please limit each example to five minutes in length.
Submissions should be addressed to:
TRUCK Contemporary Art in Calgary
2009 10 Ave SW Calgary AB, T3C 0K4
Read more at http://www.affta.ab.ca/Arts-In-Alberta/Arts-Opportunities/TRUCK-seeks-submissions-for-Main-Gallery-Space